Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How to Handle "Well, How Did It Go?" After a Sermon

I don't get to preach nearly as much as I would like. I am assuming a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am not even a pastor yet (I'm sure you probably gathered that from the blog title). Anyway, when I do get to preach, inevitably I'm going to be given a lot of encouragement, followed by the question, "Well, how did it go?" I never know what to say in these instances. Thankfully, Brian Croft has offered some great suggestions. I will list the headlines and you can visit his blog to get the details.


  • Receive the encouragements now.
  • Store away the criticisms for Tuesday morning.
  • Look forward to Service Review later that evening (something I need to implement).
  • Recognize your work is done.

If you are interested in reading the full article, please visit the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment