Friday, July 29, 2011

Sean Singing Sunday School Songs

I will always be eternally grateful for the times that I spent in Sunday School and Junior Church growing up. I learned a great deal about the Bible, about God, and about what it is to be a man who loves his Savior. Over the years I have had the opportunity to serve in Sunday School classes as well. In high school, I worked with my friends in the Jr. Church at Capital Baptist Church. This was one of the first times I was given the opportunity to preach. In college, as part of a class assignment, I was required to work with the 4-year old Sunday School. I liked it so much, I did it for two more years after the class was over. Now, at First Baptist Inwood, my wife and I are on the rotation to work with the Jr. Chapel in the early service.

Not only have I benefited from Sunday School, my children have as well. Miss April has taught Jack all about Jesus and has instructed him in correct doctrine. Miss Rachel is helping Sean learn as well. I am also thankful for all of the other teachers, including Miss Becky, Miss Mae, Miss Connie, and (especially) Miss Anita. There are many more...more than I can list here. Just know that we are incredibly blessed by what you are doing for our boys.

Here is a video of Sean demonstrating some of what he has learned in Sunday School. I'm pretty sure he learned that last little bit from either Connie or Anita.

No comments:

Post a Comment