Sunday, October 30, 2011

Being Who I Am

Not too long ago, I was given a lead from someone to a church who was looking for both a youth pastor and an associate pastor. Because of my desire to have a position in ministry, I sent the pastor my resume and some other information. It was only after I had done this that I found out more about the church. Fortunately, I was never contacted by that pastor because I think it would have led to a bad situation. I would have had to pretend to be something that I am not and I do not think that would have been a good situation for anyone involved.

I wonder how many people find themselves in situations like this? The church they are wanting to work for is King James Only, so they go along with that sentiment, even though they don't believe it. The pastor rails against Christian rock music and so they act the same way, even though they enjoy the music.

I know that God has a church for me. I think that I have been trying to push myself to fit a particular mold, even though I know that being in that mold would make for a very unhappy situation. I do not want to be miserable trying to be something that I'm not. When the Lord brings the right church, it will be one that I am a good fit for, not something I tried to cram myself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment