We live in a world full of hate. In a time when we are told to be tolerant of each other, I think there is more hate now that I ever remember. Hate is everywhere...and most of it is done in the name of tolerance.
- Black people hate white people.
- White people hate black people.
- Conservatives hate liberals.
- Liberals hate conservatives.
- Some "Christians" hate gay people.
- A lot of gay people hate Christians because of the actions of the "Christians."
- Just about everyone hates the President.
- "Christians" hate Muslims.
- Muslims hate Jewish people.
The list goes on and on. There is no end to the amount of hatred that is found in the world. And, quite frankly, it is completely ridiculous. If we continue to hate each other, we will destroy our children.
Romans 2:11 states "For God shows no partiality." No group is better than the other. We are all, whether we want to admit it or not, sinners. Every one of us is a wicked, condemned individual who on our best day deserves to go to Hell. With that in mind, there is no room for hate. There is no place for looking down on someone because of the color of their skin or because of their religious choice. We can disagree and we can believe the other person is wrong, but there is no place for the hate and rhetoric that our world is full of.
And we wonder why there is so much violence and bad behavior with students today.
What is my suggested solution? Prayer and a whole lot of it.
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14