Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Ministry-related Prayers

I was cleaning the carpets last night. It is pretty monotonous work, so I had a lot of time to think. I began to think about the things that I would like to see happen in my ministry, be it youth group, children's ministry, or just the ministry in general. I understand that some of these things that I am praying for are pretty far out there, things that may never come to fruition. No harming in asking, right?

So, without any further jibber-jabber on my part, here are my ministry prayers.

  • I am praying that my youth group would grow to at least 30 students by May 2013.
  • I am praying that I would have the opportunity to lead at least 5 students to Christ by May 2013.
  • I am praying that we would have a minimum of 30 children in Children's Church by May 2013.
  • I am praying that there will be at least 200 people in the church service each week.
  • I am praying that our weekly offerings will go over $10,000 in tithes and gifts.
  • I am praying that we will have the volunteers to start a Wednesday evening children's program in September 2013.
  • I am praying that more people in the church would develop a servant's heart and become involved in the ministry of the church.
  • I am praying that the youth department will one day have its own facility. Not just a room or a basement, but its own building.
  • I am praying that the opportunity for me to go on staff in a full-time capacity occurs in the very near future.
  • I am praying that my students in the youth group will be sold out for Christ and will begin telling their friends about Jesus.
As you can tell, I have a lot of things that I am praying for and, actually, this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface. Youth ministry is a job that rises and falls on prayer. I just pray that I am doing enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment