Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Want to be a Pastor

First Timothy 3:1 states that a person who wants to be a pastor desires a good thing. I have had the desire to be a pastor for several years, but, as of yet, it has not been in God's plan to give me the opportunity. I am continuing to pray that doors will open, but, in the meantime, I am remaining faithful and preparing for my future ministry.

I want to use this blog to chronicle my "adventures" as I pursue my calling. I am hoping to discuss the books that I am reading, current events that are important to the every day life of Christians, and even interviews with other pastors who will (hopefully) provide insight into the role of the pastor. I will also sharing other random items that strike me as interesting or entertaining.

Please pray for me as I continue to pursue my calling. Hopefully, some day in the very near future, I will no longer be a "wanna-be" pastor, but the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment