Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Blogging Heroes

As you may know, I am fairly new to the blogging world. I have only been blogging since July and haven't even been all that consistent with it (mostly due to seminary classes...now all finished.) One of the blogs that I read recently highlighted a number of his blogging heroes and it gave me the idea to do the same things. Here are some of the blogs that have been influential to me and have helped me grow both spiritually and as a blogger.

Challies Dot Com - Challies.com is the blog written by Tim Challies, a pastor from Canada. He is one of the most influential bloggers in the Christian world. While I learn from his posts, the part of his blog that I like the best is daily A La Carte posts that he does each day. These posts typically include links to interesting articles, Kindle books sales, or entertaining videos. I have actually posted a number of things that I have found on his posts here at The Wanna-Be Pastor.

Pastoralized.com - This is the blog of Eric McKiddie. Eric is a youth pastor in Illinois. His blog deals primarily with the work of being a pastor. Eric is incredibly gracious and I appreciate his openness. I have actually contacted him on several occasions and he kindly helped me with some of the questions I had.

Desiring God - Desiring God is the blog ministry of John Piper and a number of other writers. I have learned a great deal from reading this blog and have gotten a number of sermon ideas from this site, including one that I preached at my church.

There are many other blogs that I frequently read, but these are the three that have had the most influence on me over the past year. I hope that you can learn from them and point others to them as well.

What are some blogs that you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment