Friday, December 30, 2011

Praying to End Modern-Day Slavery

I read a lot of books. Sometimes I read more than one book at a time. This may get confusing to some folks, but I love doing it. There are just too many books that I want to read that I'm afraid I will never get to all of them. Anyway, I am currently working my way through a book called God in a Brothel: An Undercover Journey into Sex Trafficking and Rescue. It is perhaps one of the most heartbreaking books that I have ever read. There are scenes of incredible bravery and there are other parts that describe devastating defeat. I would highly recommend the book, especially to anyone who has an interest in stopping the horrendous act of human trafficking.

The video below shows some of the devastation that happens as a result of sex trafficking. It is so sad that there are movies and television shows, stand up comedians and singers who would glorify this awful act. Please be in prayer for those who are working to rescue girls and women from this modern-day slavery. Pray for the girls who are forced into this horrible lifestyle. Pray about what you can do to get involved. Above all, pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment