Saturday, December 31, 2011

Remembering 2011

Today is December 31, 2011, the last day of the year. I guess this is the time when everyone takes time to reflect on the past year with all of the good and bad that came with it. It's my turn.

The past year was not an easy one. There were a great deal of disappointments and some trying times. There were storms that I went through, but made it out to the other side. There were crushing disappointments, especially when something I was led to believe was going to take place turned out not to happen. There were friends who moved away and ugliness that was spread about me. I had to say goodbye to my dog, possibly one of the hardest things I've had to do in my life.

However, there was a lot of good things that took place as well. My family welcomed a new addition in January and we have recently discovered that we are expecting another some time next year. I finished seminary at Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. I ran in my first two 5K races and have been bit by the running bug, so you know there will be more races to come. I have three beautiful boys and a fantastic wife.

The Lord has been good to our family and to me. Even though things haven't always gone the way I would like them to, I know that God has a plan for me and my family. Next year is looking to be one of the best ever. I have some amazing things I am working on and cannot wait to see what happens next.

I'm also praying that at this time next year, I will be reflecting back on my new life as a pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment