Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Music Wednesday - Last Resort by Papa Roach

I realize that is a terribly strange choice for Music Wednesday.

The other morning I was driving to church and this song came on the radio. "Last Resort" was a huge hit in 2000, reaching #1 on some charts. It still gets played all the time, even though it is 12 years old. As I listened to the lyrics, I was saddened by the fact that so many people resonate with the song because this is their reality. There are hurting and struggling individuals in our world, many of whom look different from us. Because they look different, we like to turn and walk away, refusing to see them for what they are: people made in the likeness and image of God. It is my prayer that this song will break your heart to the sad reality of so many lives and I urge to start praying for those broken lives you come in contact with every day.



P.S. I realize that I lost some of you with this song. Please understand that I am not condoning one style of music over another. My point is simply to point out that there are people in our world screaming and crying for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment