Tuesday, March 13, 2012

FinishYear 2012 - Fun Facts About My Bible Reading

I have made it a goal to read over 3,000 chapters of the Bible this year. To do so requires that I read a minimum of 10 chapters a day. I do this by reading from various places throughout the Scripture. This prevents from getting bogged down in certain areas and losing the motivation to continue reading. As of this writing I have read 735 chapters (that number changes every day, of course).

Here are a few fun facts about what I have read this year so far.

  • There are 1,189 chapters in the Bible. The Old Testament has 929 chapters and the New Testament has 260.
  • Of those 1,189 chapters, I have read 625 unique chapters. This equals 52% of the Bible.
  • I have read 387 chapters out of the Old Testament. This equals 41% of the Old Testament.
  • I have read 238 chapters out of the New Testament. This equals 91% of the New Testament.
  • So far, I have read at least one chapter from every book in the New Testament. I have also read Proverbs 2 1/3 times, Acts over 2 1/2 times, Job almost 1 1/2 times, and 1 and 2 Thessalonians twice. Other books will soon be added to that list.

It is is not my goal to brag about my accomplishments with these fun facts. I am simply sharing them because I found them interesting and I hope that it will provide some motivation to others who might want to begin a Bible reading plan. You can never go wrong by reading God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment