Wednesday, March 14, 2012

FinishYear 2012 - Scripture Memory Facts

Some of my goals for the year was to memorize a great deal of Scripture. Well, it isn't going quite like I had hoped, but that doesn't mean that I am not learning Scripture. I use a program called Memverse.com to help me study and memorize the verses.

Here are a few facts about my memorization so far this year.

  • I have currently memorized 117 verses.
  • Of those 117 verses, 45 verses are from the Old Testament and 72 verses are from the New Testament.
  • I am currently working on memorizing 6 complete Psalms (Psalms 1, 23, 91, 100, 103, and 121).
  • I am also working on memorizing Romans 5 and 6, Philippians 1, 1 Corinthians 13, and 1 John 1 and 2.
  • There are 31,103 verses in the Bible. I have memorized 0.3% of the Bible.
  • There are 23,145 verses in the Old Testament. I have memorized 0.2% of the Old Testament.
  • There are 7,958 verses in the New Testament. I have memorized 1% of the New Testament.

Now, in full disclosure, the word "memorized" is a very loose term. I am working to be able to recall the verse if someone gives me the reference, but I am not quite there yet. I can, however, recall most of my memorized verses when provided with the first letter of each word in the verse. Some may call this cheating, but I am attempting to hide God's Word in my heart. That can't be said for a lot of other individuals.

I'll touch base in a few weeks or so and we'll see how much these percentages have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment