Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thor and the Foo Fighters

A couple of months back, Thor was released in movie theaters. You may still be able to find it somewhere, but summer movies have a tendency to come and go very quickly to make room for the next big blockbuster. Anyway, the story of the film Thor centered around Thor, a powerful alien being, who was banished from his home because of pride and arrogance. It was not until he came to understand that the world did not revolve around him that he was able to regain the powers that his father had given him. By that point, Thor had developed relationships with several individuals on Earth and was willing to lay down his own life in order to save theirs. I left the movie deeply moved as I pondered the implications of what was presented in the film.

At the end of the movie, a new song by the Foo Fighters, entitled Walk
was being played. It is no secret that I am a huge fan of the Foo Fighters. In fact, I have added "Attend a Foo Fighters Show" to my bucket list. The song was an incredibly appropriate addition to the film. I have included a video below that includes scenes from the movie to illustrate my point.

Enjoy the video and leave me your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment