As I wrote about yesterday, I graduated from Liberty University on May 12, 2012. The ceremony was incredible, much better than I could have possibly imagined. I was overwhelmed by the excitement of the day and amazed at how great our God is.
Here are just a few of the highlights from the day:
- The wonderful staff and students at Liberty took great care of us. Tina and I were given a ride from the car to the stadium so Tina wouldn't have to walk.
- I made a new friend, a pastor from Resurgence in Evansville, Indiana.
- The music was incredible. I could have listened to it all day.
- Luis Palau shared how "earth-shattering" salvation is. Amazing!
- Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-Fil-A, was awarded an honorary doctorate.
- The student body and families gave a rousing standing ovation to the military students.
- Mitt Romney gave a very rousing, inspiring speech. This is not an endorsement of the candidate, simply an observation.
- My wife is excited about the possibility of our boys attending LU in the future.
I am blessed to have attended Liberty University. God has done amazing things in Lynchburg and the ripples from that can be felt around the world.