Monday, May 14, 2012

My Graduation from Liberty University




As I wrote about yesterday, I graduated from Liberty University on May 12, 2012. The ceremony was incredible, much better than I could have possibly imagined. I was overwhelmed by the excitement of the day and amazed at how great our God is.


Here are just a few of the highlights from the day:

  • The wonderful staff and students at Liberty took great care of us. Tina and I were given a ride from the car to the stadium so Tina wouldn't have to walk.
  • I made a new friend, a pastor from Resurgence in Evansville, Indiana.
  • The music was incredible. I could have listened to it all day.
  • Luis Palau shared how "earth-shattering" salvation is. Amazing!
  • Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-Fil-A, was awarded an honorary doctorate.
  • The student body and families gave a rousing standing ovation to the military students.
  • Mitt Romney gave a very rousing, inspiring speech. This is not an endorsement of the candidate, simply an observation.
  • My wife is excited about the possibility of our boys attending LU in the future.

I am blessed to have attended Liberty University. God has done amazing things in Lynchburg and the ripples from that can be felt around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment