Saturday, February 11, 2012

FinishYear 2012 - Reading 3,000 Chapters of the Bible - How It's Going

If you were to do a Google search for "Professor Grant Horner's Reading System," you would discover it is quite the rage this year. There is even a Facebook group with almost 2,000 members. I am using to help me reach my goal of reading 3,000 chapters of the Bible this year. Here is how it is going so far:

  • I have read over 420 chapters of the Bible so far (more by the time you are reading this).
  • I have read through Proverbs and Acts once each and am working on my second time through.
  • I have read a good portion of the New Testament.
Additionally, I have read through the following books of the Bible:
  • Joshua
  • Job
  • Proverbs
  • Matthew
  • Acts
  • Romans
  • 1 Corinthians
  • 1 Thessalonians
  • 2 Thessalonians
  • 1 Timothy
  • 2 Timothy
  • Titus
  • Philemon
  • James
  • 1 Peter
  • 2 Peter
  • 1 John
  • 2 John
  • 3 John
  • Jude
  • Within a week, I will have finished Genesis, Judges, Ecclesiastes, Mark, and 2 Corinthians

I realize that reading 10 chapters per day is quite a stretch for some individuals. There are days when I am unable to do it. However, I find that the more time I spend in the Word, the more time I want to be in the Word. Also, the multiple readings of the books will be of great benefit to me. If my desire is to be a pastor (and it is), I need to know what the Bible says so that I can share it with others.

How are you doing with your Bible reading this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment