Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ministry Search - Update

It has been some time since I have posted about my search for a ministry. I don't have a lot to report. I have been faithfully praying and sending out resumes to churches that have posted for positions, but they are usually to no avail. I applied to a church in a town very close to us, but they were not interested. A friend of mine told me that he had spoken to a pastor about me and that the pastor was interested, but he has never returned any of my emails. I spoke with the pastor of the church I attend about the vacant youth pastor position, but he decided to go with someone else. There was another church that looked promising, but my lack of experience in church work was the eliminating factor.

While all of this sounds discouraging, there is a bit of hope. I applied to a church in my hometown and had what I would consider a very productive meeting over coffee. We had a great talk and discussed many things. My family has visited the church on several occasions and we really enjoy the atmosphere of the church. After many weeks of waiting, I received an email from the pastor of the church letting me know they were interested in talking with me. I was sent a questionnaire with about 20 questions, asking me all sorts of things from my testimony to my view of Scripture to women in ministry to what books I have read. It was challenging and really required me to think about how I view ministry. After prayer and counsel, I submitted the completed form and am now waiting for the search committee to make a decision.

Please be in prayer in regards to this. My wife and I have been praying for this for some time and I would like to believe that God would not have brought us to this place if there wasn't more to come. It is an exciting time and I hope that you will be in prayer for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment