Monday, January 2, 2012

FinishYear 2012 - Hand Copying Proverbs - Off to a Good Start

As I've written about before, one of my projects for this year to hand copy the book of Proverbs into a journal. While I don't wish to rehash all of the reasons for this, I did want to update you on my progress. Yes, I realize that it has only been one day since 2012 began, but it is always easy to stick to a project the first day; it gets harder as time goes on. Being accountable to you is what is going to keep me going.

As you can see from the picture (or maybe you can't), I began my copying with the first ten verses of Proverbs 1. This chapter begins by telling us that it is Solomon who is giving us these proverbs and he is laying out why it is necessary for us to study them. He also includes some admonishments to study (most likely the Scriptures) because that is how one becomes wise and avoids being lumped in with the foolish. The section I copied so far concluded with some encouragement to a son to listen to the advice of his parents and to stay away from those who would entice him to do wrong.


I won't post pictures of every time I write in my journal, but, from time to time, I will update you on what I am doing and what that day's passage is all about.

I hope that you will be encouraged to join me in this journey. The great thing is that you can start at any time. Just write a few verses a day and you will be finished by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment