Monday, January 16, 2012

Important Tools for Kindle Fire

Many of you know that I am a big Kindle guy. I've actually moved from my love for physical books to a love for reading on my Kindle. A few months back, my wife got me a Kindle Fire. It was an early Christmas present and I have enjoyed it from the day I got it. It actually has some great ministry uses, but in order to make adequate use of it, you need to make sure that you have the right tools.

The first tool I would recommend is Evernote. Evernote is a file-storing app that lets you store and organize just about anything you can think of. I store articles from the internet, PDFs that I make, and photos. You can organize the files into specific notebooks and tag them accordingly.

The Bible app is incredibly important for you to have as you working in ministry. While connected to an internet source, you can download a large variety of Bible translations. By downloading the versions to your Kindle Fire, you will have access to them when you are not connected to the Internet. When you are connected, you can access a number of other versions as well as a large number of reading plans to help you study God's Word.

Okay, so this one isn't exactly a tool, but it is definitely worth getting. Plants vs. Zombies is a pretty fun game that allows you to make choices as to what "weapons" you will use to keep the zombies out of your house. There are a number of levels and some of them are pretty difficult. Definitely worth the money.

The worst part for me about using the Kindle Fire is the fact that my fingers leave smudges quite easily. A stylus is a great tool to help you keep your screen clean. The price on these styli can't be beat. You can get 3 of them for less than $5. They aren't the most durable of items, but, for the price, it is worth looking into.

Of course none of this will make any sense if you don't already have a Kindle Fire. Trust me, it is well worth the investment. It is a great tool and one that you will use quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment