Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Highlight of My Day

Many of you know that I am the proud father of three boys, with another one on the way. I love my boys and I am doing what I can to raise them to love Jesus. One of the ways that I am doing that is by sharing with them what God's plan for mankind is and how He is redeeming us back to him. How God sent a Rescuer into our world to save us.

The highlight of my day is reading with my boys before bed. Lately we have been reading The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name. This is a beautifully written and illustrated book that shares God's redemptive plan of salvation from the beginning through the end of Revelation. So far, we have seen God's hand in Creation, the Fall of Man, Noah's Ark, the Tower of Babel, and the Birth of Isaac. My boys are thrilled with the stories and remind me every night that it is time to read.

My prayer is that God will use this book as a means of continuing to help my children grow to love Christ. I am looking forward to the day that I can lead my children to the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. My dad was a pastor when I was growing up, and every night just before bedtime my mom would read to my brother and me a story out of Miriam's Illustrated Bible Storybook (I think that was the name of it). I loved that and wouldn't trade those times for anything. Keep on reading to your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you have such fond memories. It is my hope that my boys will look back on this time fondly and they will grow to love Christ as a result of us spending this time together.

    ReplyDelete