Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Am Tired of Sex Trafficking

I will readily admit that I don't know all of the details about sex trafficking. I don't have a lot of data or statistics to share. However, I will tell you this: I am tired of men and women taking advantage of young boys and girls for their own sick pleasure. It sickens me. It nauseates me. It makes me see colors in my eyes that I cannot describe.

I came into contact with a gentleman today who runs a ministry to help girls who are being trafficked. Hopefully I can share more about this later, but some of the stuff that he shared with me was heartbreaking. As a teacher and a parent, it angers me beyond what I thought I was capable of when I hear and read things like I read today.

We live in a pretty messed up world. We have allowed our society and morals to decay to the point where there is a market for the filth of child prostitution to occur. It is never right for a young person, girl or boy, to have to sell themselves or be forced to engage in illicit activities in order to receive the things that so many of us take for granted.

Like I said, I hope that I can share more in the future. I'm still working out the details. In the meantime, please be in prayer for the girls and boys who are trapped in this filth. Pray for the individuals and groups who are working to rescue them and keep them safe. And pray for the individuals who are responsible that God would allow the consequences of their actions to come to pass. I realize that that last part might be a tough pill to swallow, but nothing is too good for people like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment