Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Joys of Waiting

I've been praying for a position in vocational ministry for over a year. In December 2010, I became aware of the fact that one of the pastors at my church was resigning. I began to talk with the pastor of the church about the opportunity of coming on staff. After nearly a year of praying and waiting and starts and stops, I was informed that he was no longer interested in considering me. This has also been the case at many other churches. Some of the churches that I have applied to have never responded. Others have thanked me for applying, but did not wish to discuss things with me any further. One church did not want to talk with me because I had "pastor" instead of "youth pastor" on my resume. Needless to say, it has been a trying year.

While I am not wanting to make it sound as if life has been as difficult as Job's, God is definitely teaching me some patience. I have several resumes still outstanding and am praying to hear something in the near future. It would be very exciting to have good news (and possibly a title change to this blog) some time soon. It's all in God's hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment