Sunday, July 24, 2011

Focusing on the Great Things God Does for Us

I had the opportunity to preach at First Baptist Church Inwood this evening. My message came from Psalm 126:3. From that verse, we traced out seven "great things" that God has done for us. Below is the list of great things that I shared with the congregation. I hope that you will have a deeper sense for the greatness of God after taking a look.

Psalm 126:3 - The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad.

  1. God gives us life (Acts 17:25)
  2. God gives us protection (Isaiah 46:4)
  3. God gives us deliverance (Psalm 50:15)
  4. God gives us the strength and ability to serve Him (1 Peter 4:11)
  5. God gives us His Son, Jesus (Mark 10:45)
  6. God gives us salvation (Philippians 2:12-13)
  7. God gives us the ability and desire to grow spiritually (1 Corinthians 3:6-7)
Please note: the verses found on this list are not original to me. I owe Dr. John Piper a debt of gratitude for putting in the work. I simply took his list and modified it a bit to fit the message. You can find his list here.

No comments:

Post a Comment