Wednesday, July 27, 2011

John Stott (1921-2011)

As I have been studying for my MA in Evangelism and Church Planting, I have had the opportunity to study the works of many great Christian writers and thinkers. One of those that I studied was John Stott. I am happy to say that the Lord decided to take Dr. Stott home today, at the age of 90.

While Dr. Stott had some beliefs that I do not espouse, he was the author of one of the best books I have read on preaching. If you are interested in the study of sermon preparation and homiletics, you cannot choose a better book than Between Two Worlds.

While we are sad here on earth at the loss of a great pastor and teacher, I am positive that Heaven is rejoicing at his homecoming.

You can read more about the life and ministry of Dr. John Stott at Christianity Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment