Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Big Event and How You Can Help

Last year, a friend of mine named Brandan Thomas ran a marathon to raise money for World Vision. For those of you who don't know anything about World Vision, they are a Christian organization that works with individuals around the world to fight the causes of poverty and hunger. A large part of the work they do is through the sponsorship of individual children.

Anyway, Brandan's run has inspired me to do a run of my own. While I am nowhere close to being ready to run a marathon, I will be running a 10K on October 1, 2011, in order to raise money for World Vision. The goal I have set for myself is to raise $500 to go toward helping World Vision. I would love for you to be a part of that goal.

How can you help? There are several ways that I would love for you to partner with me on.

1) Pray. I have never run a race farther than 1 mile before. I am actually very slow and not incredibly athletic. I would covet your prayers as I train and as I am raising money.

2) Donate. Not everyone can run the race, but I would love for you to be a sponsor of me while I run the race. You do not have to make a large donation (but you can if you want), but even a donation of $5 will go to help World Vision. If you would like to donate, you can visit my Donation Page.

3) Share. Please share this information with those around you. Take it to the folks you go to church with. Post it on your Facebook page (there is a link to do so on the Donation Page). Share this blog post with others (that is a very good idea). Do whatever you can to get the word out about this race and what I am doing to raise both money and awareness for the cause of World Vision.

4) Visit. Take some time to visit the World Vision website and get more information about the work they are doing and how you can help. An appropriate verse for what they are doing is Matthew 25:40 - And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I really hope that you will take some time to consider how you might be able to partner with me in this endeavor. I would love to have you become a financial partner, but, most of all, please be in prayer.

2 comments:

  1. Tim Cheshire mentioned to Brandan about maybe using Chick-fil-a as a fundraising opportunity for it. we are game if you need us to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of that. That's a pretty good idea. Not sure how that would work, but if you know, I would love to discuss it with you.

    ReplyDelete