Sunday, August 21, 2011

Funny Video About the King James Only Debate

For some reason, I have found myself involved in a number of "discussions" about the King James Version of the Bible. I have always been on the fringe of this discussion for some reason. When I was growing up, I was taught that the only Bible that I should use is the King James Version. I was given the lines about how verses are taken out and key doctrines are removed. In college, it was a huge discussion and got very technical, dealing with manuscripts and libraries and trash cans, that sort of thing. Today, the discussion continues on Facebook.

Personally, I have nothing against the King James Version. While I primarily use the English Standard Version, I also teach and preach from the King James quite often. It is the preferred translation of the church that I attend and serve in. It has always struck me as strange that, while I have no issues with folks who use the KJV, they seem to take issue with me. In college, I had a roommate grab a copy of the New International Version that I was using and throw it across the room. I referenced my concerns with this attitude in a previous post.

The video below was shared with me by a friend. Please watch and enjoy. You should try to see the silliness of the arguments. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, I am simply laughing at the situation. By the way, the video is pretty spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment